- Spray Canola or olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 300g of chicken mince
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 red & green capsicun, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cups of cooked long grain brown rice
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
Spray wok with a with oil and heat.
Add the onion and carrot and cook for about 2 mins or until just soft.
Add the chicken mince, garlic and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes (or until brown), breaking up lumps of mince with a wooden spoon. Add the fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir in the coriander. To serve, spoon chicken mixture and rice into lettuce leaves and roll up to eat with your fingers.
TIP: Use mountain bread instead of lettuce to wrap up the mixture for extra carbohydrate or add extra rice, add more chicken mince to increase protein, double the lettuce cup and add extra veggies to the mix eg carrot, bean shoots, corn etc to reduce calories.